Wednesday, May 13, 2009

Is my name a bad word...Maybe!

.

My name is now Elita. You can call me the designer formerly known as Loli. Apparently, Loli is a bad word according to the lindens.
http://www.slapt.me/wiki/index.php/Adult_Content_Keywords
My good friend Suella brought it to my attention, and it turns out that my name and any classifieds with my name would be filtered from search in the new RC. I asked the Lindens support team if I needed to change my name and they said there is absolutely nothing wrong with it, and they could not change it anyways. Sus provided me with a couple screenshots where she searched my name in the new RC and I didn't show up, so I sent those with another inquiry to the Linden Team. This time, they said they would not take any action at this time against accounts for their name, but that I could change it if I wanted to.

Apparently there is some Japanese connection to the word Loli that has to do with underage sex.
Of course, I was not aware of this at the time I created my account. I have no problem with the adult changes, I just don't understand the logic of putting a word on the bad word list after someone has already created a name or a group or whatever the case may be, and then filtering it from search and never giving them the option of changing it first. I also don't understand why I was told there's nothing wrong with your name when it is on a list that the Lindens themselves decided were unacceptable words. Yet another thing that irked me was that they told me at least 3 times that they could not change it. I was told they could change Loli to loli..that's right...They could make the big L a little l. which does absolutely nothing but they said they could not change the name altogether. After proving that I indeed would be filtered out of search, they gave in and let me change it.So, were they lying or did they just not know what they were talking about? I dunno. Finally, I got to someone that was very polite and she helped me along the process of changing my name to a more acceptable one, at least until some high and mighty Linden decides that there's something wrong with Elita. Anyways, my rant is over..I feel better now!

Love, Loli or Elita or whoever the hell I am!

1 comment

Anonymous said...

I still think you should have just changed your name to "Teabagger Easterwood" ;)

Sus
xxx

:a: :b: :c: :d: :e: :f: :g: :h: :i: :j: :k: :l: :m: :n:

Post a Comment

 

Followers